Postgresql as an application server
Using untrusted pl languages, such as plpythonu, for functions provides the ability to turn postgresql into a full application server. Anything that you can write in the language, can be turned into a database function.
This talk focuses on
* What is untrusted about untrusted pl languages
* Examples of what functions can do
* Keeping an MVC structure while using application functionality
* When to use an untrusted language
* Asynchronous triggers - why we need them and how to overcome the lack thereof
* The advantage of using postgresql as a full application server
Compulab uses plpythonu as much as possible in the development of our internal software.